Back to the list

Old Ursuline Convent Museum

2505 1100 Chartres St


This convent is the oldest building in the Mississippi Valley, and former home to the Ursuline Nuns as a convent, orphanage, and school for girls. Built in 1745, it was occupied and used as a convent until 1824. The architecture and history of the building alone is reason enough for a stop, and the museum and ever-changing exhibits make it worth spending some time to get to know this piece of history.